PDA

View Full Version : proliant 500 and duplexing kit

Fabio
April 23rd 04, 08:43 AM
Hi.

I have found some weeks ago a proliant 5000 with
dual PPRo200, 128M, 4 disk 2.1 gbytes and a duplexing kit.
I'd want to eliminate this kit and return to standard
scsi configuration, but removing the board installed
on the back of the disk backplane is not sufficient
In fact the on board controller recognize
and spin up only 2 of 4 disks.
What i have to do?

Thanks

Fabio

--
+ E non proferir mai verbo +

NuT CrAcKeR
April 23rd 04, 11:56 PM
you have to replace the duplexing board with the orginal pass through
device.

An alternative would be to see if you can locate a cage (non duplexed) for a
4000/4500/5000. The tower cages hold 4 drives, and the rack based ones hold
5. There is no duplexing option for the rack based models.

LC