PDA

View Full Version : HP server spec

HC
April 14th 04, 01:06 PM
For a project we are looking at doing - does anyone know if or where I can
get hold of a bulk order of HP servers or workstations with the folllowing
spec;

A minimum of 4 32Bit PCI slots

Rack mountable

Hot swap power suppliers (preferred but not essential)

120GB RAID 1 (IDE or SCSI)

1 GB of RAM

Processor min P4 2.4 GHz

Thanks

NuT CrAcKeR
April 14th 04, 02:27 PM
HP deosnt make servers with desktop processors.

what is your budget, and why does it have to have 4 PCI slots?

Tell us what you are trying to achieve, and we can probably get you
outfitted properly.

LC

"HC" > wrote in message
> For a project we are looking at doing - does anyone know if or where I
can
> get hold of a bulk order of HP servers or workstations with the
folllowing
> spec;
>
> A minimum of 4 32Bit PCI slots
>
> Rack mountable
>
> Hot swap power suppliers (preferred but not essential)
>
> 120GB RAID 1 (IDE or SCSI)
>
> 1 GB of RAM
>
> Processor min P4 2.4 GHz
>

> Thanks

HC
April 14th 04, 03:20 PM
We use a 32-Bit PCI device that is not compatable with 64-bit expansion
slots unless they are universal. A customer has a specific requirement for
HP hardware whereas we normally use a customised hardware solution.

We would be looking for an HP system with the following spec -

Rack mountable, Hot swap power suppliers, 120GB RAID 1 (IDE or SCSI), 1 GB
of RAM

We would also require 8 x 32-bit pci slots per server but I guess this is
very unrealistic, and would have to go for 4 x 32-bit pci slots and twice
the number of servers

Budget wise would need to be less than 4000 per unit.

Any help would be much appreciated

"NuT CrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> HP deosnt make servers with desktop processors.
>
> what is your budget, and why does it have to have 4 PCI slots?
>
> Tell us what you are trying to achieve, and we can probably get you
> outfitted properly.
>
> LC
>
> "HC" > wrote in message
> > For a project we are looking at doing - does anyone know if or where I
> can
> > get hold of a bulk order of HP servers or workstations with the
> folllowing
> > spec;
> >
> > A minimum of 4 32Bit PCI slots
> >
> > Rack mountable
> >
> > Hot swap power suppliers (preferred but not essential)
> >
> > 120GB RAID 1 (IDE or SCSI)
> >
> > 1 GB of RAM
> >
> > Processor min P4 2.4 GHz
> >

> > Thanks

NuT CrAcKeR
April 15th 04, 02:16 AM
What are the PCI slots used for ? there may be standard devices that will
reduce the number of slots required.

LC

"HC" > wrote in message
> We use a 32-Bit PCI device that is not compatable with 64-bit expansion
> slots unless they are universal. A customer has a specific requirement for
> HP hardware whereas we normally use a customised hardware solution.
>
> We would be looking for an HP system with the following spec -
>
> Rack mountable, Hot swap power suppliers, 120GB RAID 1 (IDE or SCSI), 1 GB
> of RAM
>
> We would also require 8 x 32-bit pci slots per server but I guess this is
> very unrealistic, and would have to go for 4 x 32-bit pci slots and twice
> the number of servers
>
> Budget wise would need to be less than 4000 per unit.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated
>

> "NuT CrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> > HP deosnt make servers with desktop processors.
> >
> > what is your budget, and why does it have to have 4 PCI slots?
> >
> > Tell us what you are trying to achieve, and we can probably get you
> > outfitted properly.
> >
> > LC
> >
> > "HC" > wrote in message
> > > For a project we are looking at doing - does anyone know if or where
> > can
> > > get hold of a bulk order of HP servers or workstations with the
> > folllowing
> > > spec;
> > >
> > > A minimum of 4 32Bit PCI slots
> > >
> > > Rack mountable
> > >
> > > Hot swap power suppliers (preferred but not essential)
> > >
> > > 120GB RAID 1 (IDE or SCSI)
> > >
> > > 1 GB of RAM
> > >
> > > Processor min P4 2.4 GHz
> > >

> > > Thanks

Sharmon
April 15th 04, 10:39 AM
>For a project we are looking at doing - does anyone know if or where I can
>get hold of a bulk order of HP servers or workstations with the folllowing
>spec;
>
>A minimum of 4 32Bit PCI slots (is this 32 bit min or 4 slots min)
>
>Rack mountable (most of the ML line is convertable and all of the DL line is rack moutable)
>
>Hot swap power suppliers (preferred but not essential) (You mean redundant right? )

>120GB RAID 1 (IDE or SCSI) (If you are you RAID 1 you might as well go a little futher to RAID 1+
0 )

>1 GB of RAM (DDR ECC , do you want redundant , RAID capable , etc)
>
>Processor min P4 2.4 GHz ( P4 in a server ? , except the newer DL140 crap and it's ilk you should really get a XEON based product if you need a tank also how many procs do you need)
>

>Thanks

Regards

Sharmon