PDA

View Full Version : this group is dying...

NuT CrAcKeR
April 12th 04, 12:47 AM
either that, or my news server hasnt been getting the messages...

:(

LC

Norfolk&Chance
April 12th 04, 01:00 AM
"NuT CrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> either that, or my news server hasnt been getting the messages...
>
> :(
>
> LC

Well I must admit that there are not a lot of posts, nor has there been for
a while - but very nearly 100% of them are extremely valuable to a
non-systems administrator (I'm actually an entomologist) such as myself.
And particularly your input/advice LC has helped me directly in the past.

Keep it up - it is very much appreciated.

Cheers, Craig

Guy Macon
April 13th 04, 12:48 PM
NuT CrAcKeR > says...

>either that, or my news server hasnt been getting the messages...

I still check in almost every day. The problem is that this
darn Compaq Prolian 5500R server of mine just keeps running
and running, and never has a problem to talk about!

I suppose that we could talk about bargain servers we see on eBay...

Or we could go completely off-topic just for fun:

Easy Questions to ponder while waiting for the server to
fail - The Ultimate Easy Quiz for Compaq Server owners

[01] How long did the Hundred Years War last?

[02] What was New Mexico named after?

[03] Which country makes most Panama Hats?

[04] In the story "1001 Arabian nights" what nationality was Aladdin?

[05] What nationality were the original Pennsylvania Dutch?

[06] From which animal do we get Catgut?

[07] Which U.S. State is the farthest north? South? East? West?

[08] In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?

[09] What material was used to clad the sides of the US warship
"Old Ironsides"?.

[10] What is a Camel hair brush made of?

[11] The Canary Islands are named after what animal?

[12] What was King George VI's first name?

[13] What color is a Purple Finch?

[14] Where do the Cuban Lily and Confederate Rose come from?

[15] Upon what hill was the Battle of Bunker Hill fought?

[16] Who is buried in Grant's tomb?

[17] What bird has the scientific name Puffinus puffinus puffinus?

[18] What is another word for Thesaurus? Hint: One word, four syllables,
eight letters, one letter is used three times, another letter is
used twice, and I found it in Roget's Thesaurus.

[19] What color are White Rhinos?

[20] How long did the Thirty Years War last?

[21] A man travels due south for one kilometer. He turns left 90 degrees
and travels due east for one kilometer, at which point he shoots
a bear. He then turns left 90 degrees and travels due north for
one kilometer, returning to the exact spot he left from.

[21a] What color is the bear?

[21b] What direction is the wind blowing from at the starting/ending point?

--
Guy Macon, Electronics Engineer & Project Manager for hire.
Remember Doc Brown from the _Back to the Future_ movies? Do you

Robert E. Watts
April 13th 04, 09:39 PM
Hi Guy !

I took the test, but I suspect that I got 'em all wrong.

Maybe I should not have been using my IBM Server when I took the test.

:-)

bobwatts

--
To return email, remove anti spam measures
....::://////////***\\\\\\\\\\:::...

http://members.nuvox.net/~on.watscarb/dieselvette.htm
http://www.johnsonautomotiveinc.com

"Guy Macon" <http://www.guymacon.com> wrote in message

> NuT CrAcKeR > says...
> >
> >either that, or my news server hasnt been getting the messages...
>
> I still check in almost every day. The problem is that this
> darn Compaq Prolian 5500R server of mine just keeps running
> and running, and never has a problem to talk about!
>
> I suppose that we could talk about bargain servers we see on eBay...
>
> Or we could go completely off-topic just for fun:
>
> Easy Questions to ponder while waiting for the server to
> fail - The Ultimate Easy Quiz for Compaq Server owners
>
> [01] How long did the Hundred Years War last?
>
> [02] What was New Mexico named after?
>
> [03] Which country makes most Panama Hats?
>
> [04] In the story "1001 Arabian nights" what nationality was Aladdin?
>
> [05] What nationality were the original Pennsylvania Dutch?
>
> [06] From which animal do we get Catgut?
>
> [07] Which U.S. State is the farthest north? South? East? West?
>
> [08] In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
>
> [09] What material was used to clad the sides of the US warship
> "Old Ironsides"?.
>
> [10] What is a Camel hair brush made of?
>
> [11] The Canary Islands are named after what animal?
>
> [12] What was King George VI's first name?
>
> [13] What color is a Purple Finch?
>
> [14] Where do the Cuban Lily and Confederate Rose come from?
>
> [15] Upon what hill was the Battle of Bunker Hill fought?
>
> [16] Who is buried in Grant's tomb?
>
> [17] What bird has the scientific name Puffinus puffinus puffinus?
>
> [18] What is another word for Thesaurus? Hint: One word, four syllables,
> eight letters, one letter is used three times, another letter is
> used twice, and I found it in Roget's Thesaurus.
>
> [19] What color are White Rhinos?
>
> [20] How long did the Thirty Years War last?
>
> [21] A man travels due south for one kilometer. He turns left 90 degrees
> and travels due east for one kilometer, at which point he shoots
> a bear. He then turns left 90 degrees and travels due north for
> one kilometer, returning to the exact spot he left from.
>
> [21a] What color is the bear?
>
> [21b] What direction is the wind blowing from at the starting/ending
point?

> --
> Guy Macon, Electronics Engineer & Project Manager for hire.
> Remember Doc Brown from the _Back to the Future_ movies? Do you
> have an "impossible" engineering project that only someone like
> Doc Brown can solve? My resume is at http://www.guymacon.com/

Tony Bennett
April 16th 04, 09:09 PM
NuT CrAcKeR wrote:

> either that, or my news server hasnt been getting the messages...
>
> :(
>
> LC
Think this is bad - try the Token Ring group!

Tony

Doug F
April 17th 04, 02:27 AM
Alternatively we could chat about how badly HP screwing up the
ProLiant series of servers and SoftPaq's :)

Doug

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 18:47:40 -0500, "NuT CrAcKeR"
> wrote:

>either that, or my news server hasnt been getting the messages...
>
>:(
>
>LC

nut cracker
April 19th 04, 04:37 PM
say what you will... they are still engineered better than Dell and IBM.
Software is still much better too.

you guys would love to play in my sandbox... 1500 + servers in 30,000 sq.ft.
in chicago. Another 24K sq.ft. room being built out, and we have the option
on another 28K sq.ft. of raised floor...

we have a boat load of real Compaq, some IBM for AIX and eSeries, RS6000, a
massive VAX cluster... 100TB of tape backups (2 Silo's, more SDK and
StorageTek libraries than I can count) .... We have been buying the new
HPaq's, and so far have not been let down. Friggen fast machines, and built
like tanks. whats not to like?

I will try to pinch some pic's if i can.

LC