PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me what proliant server this drive cage works with

John Molter
February 12th 04, 12:52 PM
Hi all,
I have a scsi drive cage with the part number 223111-001. Does anyone know
what server this unit will fit in.
Looks like it has 16 SCSI connectors on the backplane.
any help would be greatly appreciated,
thanks

nut cracker
February 12th 04, 06:19 PM
post a link to a picture (this isnt a binary group, so attached pictures are
generally frowned upon)..

LC

"John Molter" > wrote in message
news:oOJWb.160221$U%[email protected]_s03...
> Hi all,
> I have a scsi drive cage with the part number 223111-001. Does anyone know
> what server this unit will fit in.
> Looks like it has 16 SCSI connectors on the backplane.
> any help would be greatly appreciated,
> thanks

John Molter
February 13th 04, 03:07 AM
here are some links to pictures of the ScSi cage that I am trying find out
what model proliant server it will work for.
thanks for any help on this.
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/30059192/Images/DSCF0023.JP
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/30059192/Images/DSCF0024.JP

"John Molter" > wrote in message
news:oOJWb.160221$U%[email protected]_s03...
> Hi all,
> I have a scsi drive cage with the part number 223111-001. Does anyone know
> what server this unit will fit in.
> Looks like it has 16 SCSI connectors on the backplane.
> any help would be greatly appreciated,
> thanks

John Molter
February 13th 04, 03:20 AM
here are some links to pictures of the ScSi cage that I am trying find out
what model proliant server it will work for.
thanks for any help on this.
http://images.channeladvisor.com/sell/ssprofiles/30059192/Images/DSCF0023.jp
http://images.channeladvisor.com/sell/SSProfiles/30059192/Images/DSCF0024.JP

my last post left the g of of the end of the url sorry about that.
"John Molter" > wrote in message
news:oOJWb.160221$U%[email protected]_s03...
> Hi all,
> I have a scsi drive cage with the part number 223111-001. Does anyone know
> what server this unit will fit in.
> Looks like it has 16 SCSI connectors on the backplane.
> any help would be greatly appreciated,
> thanks

Sharmon
February 13th 04, 07:44 AM
The part number is off but the cage looks like it's from a UE
enclosure.
http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPF-Compaq_ProLiant_Storage_UE_348710_B32

>here are some links to pictures of the ScSi cage that I am trying find out
>what model proliant server it will work for.
>thanks for any help on this.
>http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/30059192/Images/DSCF0023.JP
>http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/30059192/Images/DSCF0024.JP
>
>"John Molter" > wrote in message
>news:oOJWb.160221$U%[email protected]_s03...
>> Hi all,
>> I have a scsi drive cage with the part number 223111-001. Does anyone know
>> what server this unit will fit in.
>> Looks like it has 16 SCSI connectors on the backplane.
>> any help would be greatly appreciated,
>> thanks

nut cracker
February 13th 04, 06:54 PM
agreed... it could also be an F1/F2, UE/U1/U2.

I have a tower shell that I can sell you for that. Its light, so shipping
would be pretty cheap.

Im in Chicago.

LC

"Sharmon" > wrote in message
> The part number is off but the cage looks like it's from a UE
> enclosure.
> http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPF-Compaq_ProLiant_Storage_UE_348710_B32
>

> >here are some links to pictures of the ScSi cage that I am trying find
out
> >what model proliant server it will work for.
> >thanks for any help on this.
>
>http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/30059192/Images/DSCF0023.J
>
>http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/30059192/Images/DSCF0024.J
> >
> >"John Molter" > wrote in message
> >news:oOJWb.160221$U%[email protected]_s03...
> >> Hi all,
> >> I have a scsi drive cage with the part number 223111-001. Does anyone
know
> >> what server this unit will fit in.
> >> Looks like it has 16 SCSI connectors on the backplane.
> >> any help would be greatly appreciated,
> >> thanks

nut cracker
February 13th 04, 06:56 PM
one more thing...

you can put 12 1" drives in there, or 8 1/6" drives... thats what all the
slots are for. You can also mix and match to an extent, as long as there are
no duplicate ID's, which would be shown on the faceplace (rack or tower).

LC

"Sharmon" > wrote in message
> The part number is off but the cage looks like it's from a UE
> enclosure.
> http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPF-Compaq_ProLiant_Storage_UE_348710_B32
>

> >here are some links to pictures of the ScSi cage that I am trying find
out
> >what model proliant server it will work for.
> >thanks for any help on this.
>
>http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/30059192/Images/DSCF0023.J
>
>http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/30059192/Images/DSCF0024.J
> >
> >"John Molter" > wrote in message
> >news:oOJWb.160221$U%[email protected]_s03...
> >> Hi all,
> >> I have a scsi drive cage with the part number 223111-001. Does anyone
know
> >> what server this unit will fit in.
> >> Looks like it has 16 SCSI connectors on the backplane.
> >> any help would be greatly appreciated,
> >> thanks

John Molter
February 14th 04, 03:14 AM
Thanks for the help in identifying this piece of equipment.
I would be interested it that tower shell, how much and do you have any
pictures. I am about 300 miles south west of Chicago, Burlington, IA
Thanks again for the help,
John