PDA

View Full Version : 1600R Fastest CPU Supported (or working)

Lauren Buchholz
February 3rd 04, 11:04 PM
Hi, I have a 1600R with a PIII/550 in it right now. I know according to the
specs it only supports a 600MHz CPU, but has anyone gotten it to post and
operate correctly with a faster CPU? I have a 866MHz from another Compaq
server in a static bag and I am trying to see if anyone has attempted this.

If not, is my best bet to find a cheapo 550 that matches stepping?

nut cracker
February 4th 04, 05:13 PM
your 866 chip has a 133Mhz system bus. Your server has a 100Mhz system bus.
That processor will NEVER work in that machine.

Sadly, 600 is top end of the line for that machine. It runs like a raped ape
with 1G Ram and 2 prox.

LC