PDA

View Full Version : Compaq DL380 won't boot with windows 2000

keith
January 23rd 04, 05:28 AM
We installed Windows 2000 server on a Compaq dl380. The installation
went fine, then when we restarted the server it tries to boot from the
floppy, then the cdrom, then the hard drive. But then it freezes. No
matter how many times we restart it does this. We reinstalled Windows
2000 server and it worked fine until we restarted. Any ideas? We are a
smart array 5i controller with 36 GB 10,000 rpm drives.

nut cracker
January 23rd 04, 07:35 PM
Did you setup your 5SI in the SCU as the boot controller ?

Boot from SmartStart CD, Choose System Configuration, scroll down until you
find the 5SI.. make sure its the boot controller. Save.... reboot.

Did you build the machine using smartstart ? If not, you should.

NuTs

om...