PDA

View Full Version : Proliant 1600 second CPU ?

Dirk
January 18th 04, 09:35 PM
Hello esteemed group,
I have a Proliant 1600 with a P2 350 MHz Slot 1 processor.
I have another P2 Slot 1 processor of 450 MHz.
Is it possible to use them both or do they have to be of the same
speed?
Any problems when running Linux on it?
Thanks in advance,
Dirk

Conny
January 18th 04, 11:11 PM
"Dirk" > skrev i meddelandet
> Hello esteemed group,
> I have a Proliant 1600 with a P2 350 MHz Slot 1 processor.
> I have another P2 Slot 1 processor of 450 MHz.
> Is it possible to use them both or do they have to be of the same
> speed?
> Any problems when running Linux on it?
> Thanks in advance,
> Dirk

No must be same speed and bus speed...

NuT CrAcKeR
January 19th 04, 12:15 AM
Do you have the processor card for that? the thing that holds the CPU and
VRM ? If not, i have one for you... cheap.

LC

"Conny" > wrote in message

> "Dirk" > skrev i meddelandet
> > Hello esteemed group,
> > I have a Proliant 1600 with a P2 350 MHz Slot 1 processor.
> > I have another P2 Slot 1 processor of 450 MHz.
> > Is it possible to use them both or do they have to be of the same
> > speed?
> > Any problems when running Linux on it?
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Dirk
> >

> No must be same speed and bus speed...

Dirk
January 19th 04, 11:16 AM
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:15:11 -0600, "NuT CrAcKeR"
> wrote:

>"Conny" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Dirk" > skrev i meddelandet
>> > Hello esteemed group,
>> > I have a Proliant 1600 with a P2 350 MHz Slot 1 processor.
>> > I have another P2 Slot 1 processor of 450 MHz.
>> > Is it possible to use them both or do they have to be of the same
>> > speed?
>> > Any problems when running Linux on it?
>> > Thanks in advance,
>> > Dirk
>> >

>> No must be same speed and bus speed...
Thank you for the reply.
Kind regards,
Dirk

>Do you have the processor card for that? the thing that holds the CPU and
>VRM ? If not, i have one for you... cheap.
>
>LC

Yes I have, otherwise I would never start such an upgrade.
Dirk

rat173rd
November 13th 04, 06:24 PM
Dirk Wrote:
> Hello esteemed group,
> I have a Proliant 1600 with a P2 350 MHz Slot 1 processor.
> I have another P2 Slot 1 processor of 450 MHz.
> Is it possible to use them both or do they have to be of the same
> speed?
> Any problems when running Linux on it?
> Thanks in advance,
> Dirk

Hi Dirk,

I have a Proliant 1600 server with just (1) PII 450Mhz, would you b
willing to sell your PII 450? E-mail me at if you
interested...Thanks, Joh

--
rat173rd

Conny
November 14th 04, 12:52 AM
"rat173rd" > skrev i meddelandet

> Dirk Wrote:
>> Hello esteemed group,
>> I have a Proliant 1600 with a P2 350 MHz Slot 1 processor.
>> I have another P2 Slot 1 processor of 450 MHz.
>> Is it possible to use them both or do they have to be of the same
>> speed?
>> Any problems when running Linux on it?
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Dirk
>
> Hi Dirk,
>
> I have a Proliant 1600 server with just (1) PII 450Mhz, would you be
> willing to sell your PII 450? E-mail me at if your
> interested...Thanks, John
>

> --
> rat173rd

I also have a 450 mhz with 100 mhz bus-speed, resides in a Proliant 3000,
the box only have motherboard and CPU. I was about to get it running but I
could not get any SDRAM ECC memory for it.