PDA

View Full Version : proliant 2500 and ATX psu

Christer Solskogen
January 17th 04, 06:33 PM
I`ve got a proliant 2500, and it makes to much noise. Only ATX Psu is for
sale now. is there some kind of a hack that could be used to the proliant
will power on with a atx psu?

--
Med vennlig hilsen / Best regards
Christer Solskogen

"Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend!"
-Spider Jerusalem

nut cracker
January 17th 04, 11:52 PM
I wouldnt chance it...

Watch ebay.... they have lots of stuff for the old proliants.

LC

"Christer Solskogen" > wrote in message
news:[email protected] online.no...
> I`ve got a proliant 2500, and it makes to much noise. Only ATX Psu is for
> sale now. is there some kind of a hack that could be used to the proliant
> will power on with a atx psu?
>

> --
> Med vennlig hilsen / Best regards
> Christer Solskogen
> http://dtz.cjb.net - http://carebears.mine.nu
>
> "Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend!"
> -Spider Jerusalem

Christer Solskogen
January 18th 04, 12:23 PM
On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 16:52:43 -0600, nut cracker wrote:

> I wouldnt chance it...
>
> Watch ebay.... they have lots of stuff for the old proliants.

Got any tips, then? Like, how to get my proliant to not make so much fsck
noise? :)

--
Med Vennlig Hilsen / Best regards
Christer Solskogen
http://carebears.mine.nu/~solskogen

When you're up to your nose in ****,
be sure to keep your mouth shut.

Tony Bennett
January 18th 04, 12:33 PM
On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:33:14 +0100, Christer Solskogen wrote:

> I`ve got a proliant 2500, and it makes to much noise. Only ATX Psu is for
> sale now. is there some kind of a hack that could be used to the proliant
> will power on with a atx psu?
Theres a PSU fab and an internal fan. Get the specs of the fans and
replace with top quality silent ones- PABST? - again try EBAY

Tony

NuT CrAcKeR
January 18th 04, 06:36 PM
nawwww, thats a feature. if you cant hear it... you know it isnt working.

look for a "3-banger" RPS PSU for the 2500/1600 models. they are nice, and
should run you about $35 ~ 50 US on ebay.

Bear in mind, this auction is mislabled. This unit will not work in an
1850... (the actual pluggable modules will.. .but not the whole thing)....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3070763478&category=56105
Buy it now for $40...