PDA

View Full Version : Need Proliant 5500 and Smart Array 431

lingling
January 17th 04, 03:32 AM
Hi guy,

i have a proliant 5500 and 431 raid. When i boot up the machine, the machine
cannot detect the 431 raid card. I have tried a lot of way. Any expert
available for help?

By the way, i do not have any cd (smart CD or raid CD), can any one help me
to send to me

Alan

nut cracker
January 17th 04, 05:58 AM
i doubt that there are any email servers that would allow a 300MB attachment
to come through thier server, and I am certain that you are not paying for
such an amount of diskspace on the hotmail system. Nor would your cable
provider offer that too you either.

Not having a smartstart CD will be a problem. You will likely need to update
the System ROM (its kinda like a BIOS.. but compaq servers dont really have
a BIOS, per se...)

Once you do that, boot to the CD and run the system configuration utility,
and let it update the NVRAM so that it knows there is a 431 in one of the
slots so it can allocate and configure its resources.

Then, you reboot from the CD and you should see the 431. Let it boot from
the CD again, and run the array config utility (ACU). Then, boot from th CD
Again, and run the System Partition Upate (or something like that so you
will have F10 support when the server boots)... then install your OS, being
very careful not to delete or install to the very small (32MB (on version
5.30, dont know what it is on newer versions) partition) that is where your
system tools are.

I have version 5.30 on my FTP server. I ask for a modest ($5.00) paypal
donation towards the costs associated to keeping the server online, and if
you are in agreement, you can download a compressed ISO (.rar format). If
you have broadband, it should take you about 45 to 60 minutes to get.

email info at dns plus dot net if you are interested.

LC