PDA

View Full Version : Compaq Proliant 1500 - CD

Fred Nordhorn
January 15th 04, 05:13 PM
Hello,
Does anyone have the setup CD that is used with the
Proliant 1500 Servers. The Community College that I work for
had several of these systems donated for use in our CompTia
Server+ class that will be starting in the Summer of 2004.

All systems have 166Mhz processor's some are dual.
All have 4 or more 4gb hard drives.

So with a 166Mhs I know we can run Win2000
I also know it a little weak on Power for win2000 but for in the
classroom where students will be doing things like adding a 2nd
CPU and setting up raid's it is goos.

Fred

nut cracker
January 15th 04, 08:25 PM
I ran 2000 on an dual 133 (1500) with 128M of ram, with 4 4GB drives as a
domain controller, DHCP, DNS and WINS in a small to medium environment, and
I was prefectly satisfied with its performance.

It should be great for a classroom.

LC.
"Fred Nordhorn" > wrote in message
> Hello,
> Does anyone have the setup CD that is used with the
> Proliant 1500 Servers. The Community College that I work for
> had several of these systems donated for use in our CompTia
> Server+ class that will be starting in the Summer of 2004.
>
> All systems have 166Mhz processor's some are dual.
> All have 4 or more 4gb hard drives.
>
> So with a 166Mhs I know we can run Win2000
> I also know it a little weak on Power for win2000 but for in the
> classroom where students will be doing things like adding a 2nd
> CPU and setting up raid's it is goos.
>

> Fred

NuT CrAcKeR
January 16th 04, 03:53 AM
You can also download a smartstart iso from me (v5.30)...

i do ask for a modest paypal donation to help keep the server up and running
so it will be avilable.

contact me for more info...

info at dnsplus dot net

thanks,