PDA

View Full Version : Proliant error - my fault help please

Alex Bennett
January 13th 04, 08:12 PM
Hi

I changed some resources in the sys config utility and now I get
601-diskette error.

I cannot boot a SCU floppy or CD to clear the settings and configure the
system.

Please how do I get out of this?

TIA

Tony

NuT CrAcKeR
January 14th 04, 06:20 AM
remove the HDD cable from the controller, and locate the SW1 switch. one of
the settings will be to clear the NVRAM. Set the switch, power it on......
power it off, set the switch back.

Then, put the HDD back on the controller (this isnt really necessary, but im
paranoid with my data.. but it IS required if you run the system erase
utility)

boot the machine. The drives should "teach" the controller (i am assuming
you have an array controller) what the config is... you will then have a
message about invalid NVRAM... so boot to the F10 partition (or from
smartstart CD), and run the SCU.

For the most part, unless you are toying with non-PnP EISA cards or
something, it should not be necessary to modify the resources in the SCU.
Only for a few specific things...

Hope that helps...

LC

"Alex Bennett" > wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I changed some resources in the sys config utility and now I get
> 601-diskette error.
>
> I cannot boot a SCU floppy or CD to clear the settings and configure the
> system.
>
> Please how do I get out of this?
>
> TIA
>
> Tony

George
January 14th 04, 08:09 AM
Clear your NVRAM with the system maintenance switch

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:12:31 -0000, "Alex Bennett"