PDA

View Full Version : Extending drives on a Win2k Server - Compaq DL380

rod
January 13th 04, 07:30 PM
hello,
I added two 36 gig drives to my Compaq DL380 and booted into the SmartStart
CD 5.3.
I wanted to add these two drives to an existing Array1 (Win2k Server is
installed on Array1).
I went through the wizard , said yes i wanted to expand the drives, but when
i went through extend .... it said it is not supported on Win2k.

How do i extend these drives to an existing array? I can't lose the data on
Array1 and i can't reinstall the OS.

Someone mentioned to bridge the two arrays, but i couldn't find any
information in the documentation on how to do that.

thanks!

George
January 14th 04, 08:08 AM
1: Back up your data
2: If you have dynamic disks only use a 5th generation or higher ,
SA5300, SA642 , etc
3: upgrade firmware on both system board and array controller
4: make sure you are using at least SP 3 on W2K
4a: make sure you ACU is the latest (4.9A)
5: once you do this ignore the message and pray (95% success rate if
followed exactly)