PDA

View Full Version : Compaq ProLiant 4500

Mike Kieffer
January 12th 04, 10:31 PM
I have retired several ProLiant 4500 servers. I am currently selling the
parts from them on eBay. If you have ProLiant 4500 and need some spare
parts, you can get them at a deal.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=m_kieffer

Thanks,
Mike Kieffer

Mike Kieffer
January 12th 04, 11:54 PM
LOL -- I had to get my company to retire them first.....

"nut cracker" > wrote in message
> where were you 4 years ago when I was busy building up my army of 4000's
and
> 4500's ?
>
> : )
>
> LC
>
> "Mike Kieffer" > wrote in message
> s.com...
> > I have retired several ProLiant 4500 servers. I am currently selling
the
> > parts from them on eBay. If you have ProLiant 4500 and need some spare
> > parts, you can get them at a deal.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=m_kieffer

> > Thanks,
> > Mike Kieffer

nut cracker
January 13th 04, 12:00 AM
where were you 4 years ago when I was busy building up my army of 4000's and
4500's ?

: )

LC

"Mike Kieffer" > wrote in message
s.com...
> I have retired several ProLiant 4500 servers. I am currently selling the
> parts from them on eBay. If you have ProLiant 4500 and need some spare
> parts, you can get them at a deal.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=m_kieffer

> Thanks,
> Mike Kieffer

NuT CrAcKeR
January 13th 04, 04:43 AM
I still have several of them...

Since they are all eisa based... i dont think they will run linux, and not
enough horsepower to run 2000 or 2003 (in any useful capacity)...

what are we going to do with these things?

LC

"Mike Kieffer" > wrote in message
s.com...
> LOL -- I had to get my company to retire them first.....
>

> "nut cracker" > wrote in message
> > where were you 4 years ago when I was busy building up my army of 4000's
> and
> > 4500's ?
> >
> > : )
> >
> > LC
> >
> > "Mike Kieffer" > wrote in message
> > s.com...
> > > I have retired several ProLiant 4500 servers. I am currently selling
> the
> > > parts from them on eBay. If you have ProLiant 4500 and need some
spare
> > > parts, you can get them at a deal.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=m_kieffer

> > > Thanks,
> > > Mike Kieffer

Mike Kieffer
January 13th 04, 05:24 PM
I am selling the parts because some people still have them in production.
You can get them to run Linux, but it is very difficult to do. And you are
correct, they runn 2000 pretty good, that is what we had on them, but 2003
will not work because they have not PCI slots and 2003 or XP will not use a
NON PCI NIC.

"NuT CrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> I still have several of them...
>
> Since they are all eisa based... i dont think they will run linux, and not
> enough horsepower to run 2000 or 2003 (in any useful capacity)...
>
> what are we going to do with these things?
>
> LC
>
> "Mike Kieffer" > wrote in message
> s.com...
> > LOL -- I had to get my company to retire them first.....
> >

> > "nut cracker" > wrote in message
> > > where were you 4 years ago when I was busy building up my army of
4000's
> > and
> > > 4500's ?
> > >
> > > : )
> > >
> > > LC
> > >
> > > "Mike Kieffer" > wrote in message
> > > s.com...
> > the
> spare

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=m_kieffer

Gereon Wenzel
January 16th 04, 03:33 PM
> I still have several of them...
>
> Since they are all eisa based... i dont think they will run linux, and not
> enough horsepower to run 2000 or 2003 (in any useful capacity)...

They might run LINUX, but will be able to use a single CPU only. )o:
I also don't think any of the Netflex EISA cards is supported?

> what are we going to do with these things?

NT4SP6 still works quite nice on these, didn't try 2K yet?

Gereon