PDA

View Full Version : Harddisk led??

sys
December 19th 03, 10:05 AM
Hi

I have added two harddisk in my Proliant ML370 server. The new disk are
displaying a red harddisk symbol that has an "X" over it. What does that
men? Othervise the disks are working great?

Nic

nut cracker
December 19th 03, 05:45 PM
typically, that means that they are failed drives. However, I have seen
disks report that they are failed (when they are not) if jumpers have been
set on the disks. The backplane takes care of the SCSI ID's, so there should
be no reason to have any jumpers on the drives.

LC

"sys" > wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have added two harddisk in my Proliant ML370 server. The new disk are
> displaying a red harddisk symbol that has an "X" over it. What does that
> men? Othervise the disks are working great?
>
> Nic

Doug F
December 20th 03, 06:44 AM
You might want to try updating the firmware on the drive(s) if it's
not jumper related.

Doug

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:45:42 -0600, "nut cracker"
> wrote:

>typically, that means that they are failed drives. However, I have seen
>disks report that they are failed (when they are not) if jumpers have been
>set on the disks. The backplane takes care of the SCSI ID's, so there should
>be no reason to have any jumpers on the drives.
>
>LC
>
>"sys" > wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I have added two harddisk in my Proliant ML370 server. The new disk are
>> displaying a red harddisk symbol that has an "X" over it. What does that
>> men? Othervise the disks are working great?
>>
>> Nic

Cubzilla
December 20th 03, 08:20 PM
"sys" > wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have added two harddisk in my Proliant ML370 server. The new disk are
> displaying a red harddisk symbol that has an "X" over it. What does that
> men? Othervise the disks are working great?
>
> Nic

Is the fault led also used to identify the location of a disk in a hot plug
backplane ? run smart start and see what smart start thinks is "wrong"

Regards Trev