PDA

View Full Version : Compaq presario password question

Larry
December 2nd 03, 06:27 AM
> I go to "My Computer " and am asked to give the previous password and
then
> to change to the new one....
It does not matter. Even if you changed the password to one of your own, ME
gives no security whatsoever.

Upgrade to Windows 2000 for security.

Or you can fool many people by setting the screen blanker to kick on (with a
password). Go to: Start > Settings > Control Panel > Display >
Screen Saver > Power.

(`._. rr ._.)

"Jim" > wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have a compaq Presario 1200 with windows millenium edition.
Since
> I use this computer in Motel rooms and leave it while at work, I wish to
> give it a password to open windows.... However I can't seem to do that.
>
> I go to "My Computer " and am asked to give the previous password and
then
> to change to the new one....for the life of me I never gave this computer
> any password.....I bought this thing new.....................HELP!....Jim
> --

Jim
December 2nd 03, 06:33 AM