PDA

View Full Version : Question about RA4100 enclosures

NuT CrAcKeR
November 21st 03, 11:00 PM
If memory serves me correctly, Compaq never used special fibre channel disks
in thier RA series of enclosures. They used standard WUS3, U2, u160 and u320
disks (depending on the model, and channel adapter model.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks,

LC

Mike Povall
November 22nd 03, 02:22 AM
Absolutely correct.

The only Compaq Disk systems to use Fibre Channel Disks are the Enterprise
Virtual Arrays.

Cheers, Mike.

"NuT CrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> If memory serves me correctly, Compaq never used special fibre channel
disks
> in thier RA series of enclosures. They used standard WUS3, U2, u160 and
u320
> disks (depending on the model, and channel adapter model.
>
> Can anyone confirm or deny this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> LC

NuT CrAcKeR
November 22nd 03, 02:29 AM
Danka...

LC

"Mike Povall" > wrote in message
> Absolutely correct.
>
> The only Compaq Disk systems to use Fibre Channel Disks are the Enterprise
> Virtual Arrays.
>
> Cheers, Mike.
>
> "NuT CrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> > If memory serves me correctly, Compaq never used special fibre channel
> disks
> > in thier RA series of enclosures. They used standard WUS3, U2, u160 and
> u320
> > disks (depending on the model, and channel adapter model.
> >
> > Can anyone confirm or deny this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > LC

Larry
November 22nd 03, 02:39 AM
I came across a large box of brand new fibre channel hard drives recently on
ebay. My research concluded the same thing- Cannot use them with my 6500r
servers.

They had a "buy it now" for pennies on the dollar and came with a great
warranty.

Damn. :-(

Larry Wagar
Skagit Media Productions