PDA

View Full Version : Slot A - 1 GHZ PIII Processor for a AP 550 Workstation

Russ Irwin
November 17th 03, 02:40 AM
Anyone know where I can find one of these processor's fairly cheap? It is
for my son's pc.

Thanks

Russ

the yeti
November 17th 03, 05:04 PM
"Russ Irwin" > wrote in message >...
> Anyone know where I can find one of these processor's fairly cheap? It is
> for my son's pc.
>
> Thanks
>
> Russ

If its a P3, then its a Slot 1 1 GHZ processor.

If its an Slot A then its an Athlon.

1 ghz Slot processors can not be found cheap. Try Ebay

Russ Irwin
November 17th 03, 05:33 PM
I stand corrected. It is a Slot 1.

Russ

"the yeti" > wrote in message
om...
> "Russ Irwin" > wrote in message
> > Anyone know where I can find one of these processor's fairly cheap? It
is
> > for my son's pc.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Russ
>
> If its a P3, then its a Slot 1 1 GHZ processor.
>
> If its an Slot A then its an Athlon.
>
> 1 ghz Slot processors can not be found cheap. Try Ebay

NuT CrAcKeR
November 17th 03, 09:49 PM
there are 2 types:

100MHz FSB, and 133MHz FSB (FSB = Front Side Bus).

Check to see which speed this system runs at, and then look for the
appropriate unit. eBay is your best bet.

LC

"Russ Irwin" > wrote in message
> I stand corrected. It is a Slot 1.
>
> Russ
>

> "the yeti" > wrote in message
> om...
> > "Russ Irwin" > wrote in message
> > > Anyone know where I can find one of these processor's fairly cheap?
It
> is
> > > for my son's pc.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Russ
> >
> > If its a P3, then its a Slot 1 1 GHZ processor.
> >
> > If its an Slot A then its an Athlon.
> >
> > 1 ghz Slot processors can not be found cheap. Try Ebay

Russ Irwin
November 19th 03, 08:30 PM
Thanks again!!! It is a 133 FSB - been trying E-bay for days and never see
the 1 ghz - only lower speeds. Will keep trying.

Russ

"NuT CrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> there are 2 types:
>
> 100MHz FSB, and 133MHz FSB (FSB = Front Side Bus).
>
> Check to see which speed this system runs at, and then look for the
> appropriate unit. eBay is your best bet.
>
> LC
>
> "Russ Irwin" > wrote in message
> > I stand corrected. It is a Slot 1.
> >
> > Russ
> >

> > "the yeti" > wrote in message
> > om...
> It
> > is

> > > If its a P3, then its a Slot 1 1 GHZ processor.
> > >
> > > If its an Slot A then its an Athlon.
> > >
> > > 1 ghz Slot processors can not be found cheap. Try Ebay

Kevin Childers
November 20th 03, 07:40 AM
You might try www.epcusa.com, they specialize in used office equipment,
mostly Compaq's.