PDA

View Full Version : Smart2/p scsi speed?

Stonent
November 13th 03, 04:51 AM
I can't seem to locate the speed of the interface on this
controller... Is it UW or U2W or something else? I'm trying to decide
whether to use this or a Megaraid 428 controller but the specs for the
Smart2/p seem to elude my searches.

Sharmon
November 13th 03, 10:46 AM
68 pin Wide-Ultra SCSI/Fast-Wide SCSI-2 (Wide SCSI)

On 12 Nov 2003 19:51:59 -0800, (Stonent) wrote:

>I can't seem to locate the speed of the interface on this
>controller... Is it UW or U2W or something else? I'm trying to decide
>whether to use this or a Megaraid 428 controller but the specs for the
>Smart2/p seem to elude my searches.

NuT CrAcKeR
November 13th 03, 08:56 PM
there are actually 2 spec's for that controller. One is Ultra Scsi (20MB/s)
and one that is Wide Ultra SCSI (40MB/s). If you want the compaq
integration, stick with the 2/P. If you want the performance, and additonal
cache available on the 428, go with the AMI card.

LC

om...