PDA

View Full Version : 301 Keyboard Error - 3 Different Keyboards (all get lights a'flashin')

Kris
November 9th 03, 03:16 AM
My neice has a Deskpro EN (500 Mhz, I think). It was working, had to
be moved and now I get a 301 error. I have tried 3 different
keyboards and they all flash when plugged in but that's all I get, no
keys work. Then, if I just let the PC sit for a few minutes,
NUM/CAPS/SCROLL will flash on and off periodically. Anything I can do
here? I'm grateful for ANY suggestions!

Kris

Hank Arnold
November 9th 03, 09:58 AM
Also, check the pins in the keyboard plug. One may be bent.
--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"Big Bob Smith" > wrote in message
> *
> Your keyboard may be unplugged or the plug may not be in
> securely. Click here and scroll down to diagram 2 to see the proper
> keyboard connection. After checking the keyboard plug, shut down your
> computer and after a few seconds, turn it on again. If it boots up
> properly, the problem is solved.
> *
> Your keyboard may have a key that is stuck or something is
> resting on the keyboard causing the keys to be depressed. Remove the
> item(s) from the keyboard and reboot your computer

Sharmon
November 9th 03, 03:29 PM
Look for a "CMOS" button on yo0ur system board . Unplug your computer
and hold it down for 60 seconds , then reboot

On 8 Nov 2003 18:16:13 -0800, (Kris) wrote:

>My neice has a Deskpro EN (500 Mhz, I think). It was working, had to
>be moved and now I get a 301 error. I have tried 3 different
>keyboards and they all flash when plugged in but that's all I get, no
>keys work. Then, if I just let the PC sit for a few minutes,
>NUM/CAPS/SCROLL will flash on and off periodically. Anything I can do
>here? I'm grateful for ANY suggestions!
>
>Kris

Kris
November 12th 03, 10:24 PM
I don't recall seeing a button, only a cmos jumper... would that do it??

Thanks!

Kris

Sharmon > wrote in message >...
> Look for a "CMOS" button on yo0ur system board . Unplug your computer
> and hold it down for 60 seconds , then reboot
>
> On 8 Nov 2003 18:16:13 -0800, (Kris) wrote:
>
> >My neice has a Deskpro EN (500 Mhz, I think). It was working, had to
> >be moved and now I get a 301 error. I have tried 3 different
> >keyboards and they all flash when plugged in but that's all I get, no
> >keys work. Then, if I just let the PC sit for a few minutes,
> >NUM/CAPS/SCROLL will flash on and off periodically. Anything I can do
> >here? I'm grateful for ANY suggestions!
> >
> >Kris

Sharmon
November 13th 03, 10:47 AM
Yes

On 12 Nov 2003 13:24:43 -0800, (Kris) wrote:

>I don't recall seeing a button, only a cmos jumper... would that do it??
>
>Thanks!
>
>Kris
>

>Sharmon > wrote in message >...
>> Look for a "CMOS" button on yo0ur system board . Unplug your computer
>> and hold it down for 60 seconds , then reboot
>>
>> On 8 Nov 2003 18:16:13 -0800, (Kris) wrote:
>>
>> >My neice has a Deskpro EN (500 Mhz, I think). It was working, had to
>> >be moved and now I get a 301 error. I have tried 3 different
>> >keyboards and they all flash when plugged in but that's all I get, no
>> >keys work. Then, if I just let the PC sit for a few minutes,
>> >NUM/CAPS/SCROLL will flash on and off periodically. Anything I can do
>> >here? I'm grateful for ANY suggestions!
>> >
>> >Kris

Sharmon
November 13th 03, 10:47 AM
Same thing though do it for 1 minute with the power unplugged not just
off

On 12 Nov 2003 13:24:43 -0800, (Kris) wrote:

>I don't recall seeing a button, only a cmos jumper... would that do it??
>
>Thanks!
>
>Kris
>

>Sharmon > wrote in message >...
>> Look for a "CMOS" button on yo0ur system board . Unplug your computer
>> and hold it down for 60 seconds , then reboot
>>
>> On 8 Nov 2003 18:16:13 -0800, (Kris) wrote:
>>
>> >My neice has a Deskpro EN (500 Mhz, I think). It was working, had to
>> >be moved and now I get a 301 error. I have tried 3 different
>> >keyboards and they all flash when plugged in but that's all I get, no
>> >keys work. Then, if I just let the PC sit for a few minutes,
>> >NUM/CAPS/SCROLL will flash on and off periodically. Anything I can do
>> >here? I'm grateful for ANY suggestions!
>> >
>> >Kris

Cubzilla
November 13th 03, 03:36 PM
It is in the correct socket ?

also have you plugged the keyboard in while the machine was on, cos there is
a fuse on the mobo i think that can pop

btw take a notee of the flashing keyboard leds the can sometimes indicate an
error code that can be checked aginst info on the inside of the lid

Regards