PDA

View Full Version : starting problem with 5500r 6/200

October 29th 03, 11:16 PM
I have problems with my 5500r 4*200 PPro.
What I think what happend:
A week ago I rebooted the 5500r but left in the POST with "Press F1 to
continue". A day or so later it was automaticly powered off! And I think it
said something like "system powered off" on the diag LCD.

Then I had problems switching it back on, so I pulled out some cards and
boards and reseated them, but to no avail.
Later I found out that is was a bad case switch which worked only when
pressed real hard.

After shortening the case switches it powered up, but no picture, no diag
screen on the front LCD, nothing.
I see that the internal LEDs near the connector panel on the back do some
blinking, but I have no documentation about what they mean.
The two installed VRMs are "green" on the cpu board too.

Anything else I might try?

--
I am root. If you see me laughing, you better have a backup.

October 30th 03, 06:36 PM
wrote:
> After shortening the case switches it powered up, but no picture, no diag
> screen on the front LCD, nothing.
> I see that the internal LEDs near the connector panel on the back do some
> blinking, but I have no documentation about what they mean.

There are 8 LEDs and they show port 84. But I didn't found any compaq port
84 codes on the net :-(

--
I am root. If you see me laughing, you better have a backup.