PDA

View Full Version : config a compaq array 3200 in a non compaq pc?

David Bartram
August 15th 03, 10:19 PM
How can I install a Compaq smart array controller 3200 on a non-Compaq
machine?

I recently acquired (was exchanged for an old computer) a Compaq smart array
controller and some drives. All the installation instructions for it refer
to using the
Compaq smartstart utility. However this won't work on a non-Compaq machine,
and when I power on the PC I get an error msg saying that the array is not
configured.

What can I do to get it working as the boot array for a W2000 installation?

Thanks.

Conny Enström
August 15th 03, 11:58 PM
"David Bartram" > skrev i meddelandet
> How can I install a Compaq smart array controller 3200 on a non-Compaq
> machine?
>
> I recently acquired (was exchanged for an old computer) a Compaq smart
array
> controller and some drives. All the installation instructions for it refer
> to using the
> Compaq smartstart utility. However this won't work on a non-Compaq
machine,
> and when I power on the PC I get an error msg saying that the array is not
> configured.
>
> What can I do to get it working as the boot array for a W2000
installation?

> Thanks.

Maybe this will be useful to you:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/locate/20_1269.html

Conny

David
August 16th 03, 12:23 AM
You need the Array Configuration Utility (HP download under Proliant
servers) and the Array driver , CPQArray.SYS (download on same page ,
choose all software and search) , configurable when the NOS is
installed .

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 22:19:21 +0100, "David Bartram"