PDA

View Full Version : Audio problem

Donald Macleod
August 23rd 03, 05:17 PM
I have a Deskpro En PIII733. Whether using the onboard sound or a separate
soundcard the sound is played fast, approximately 1.5 times normal speed. I
have replaced the CD drive with a CDRW unit and replaced IDE and audio
cables. I cannot find any mention of this on Compaq support or elsewhere on
the web. I have not encountered this problem before and have used a great
number of units from various manufacturers. Any assistance or suggestions
appreciated.

InsomniaKev
August 23rd 03, 08:47 PM
Donald Macleod wrote:

> I have a Deskpro En PIII733. Whether using the onboard sound or a separate
> soundcard the sound is played fast, approximately 1.5 times normal speed. I
> have replaced the CD drive with a CDRW unit and replaced IDE and audio
> cables. I cannot find any mention of this on Compaq support or elsewhere on
> the web. I have not encountered this problem before and have used a great
> number of units from various manufacturers. Any assistance or suggestions
> appreciated.

Check view\enhancements\play speed settings in Windows Media Player

i don't have this option for some reason but i;ve see it before.