PDA

View Full Version : Re: Presario 6030 (desktop model) sound driver/s problem

Happy Canuck
August 20th 03, 04:21 PM
Which Presario 6030 is it?? AK/AP/CA/EA/GC/HK/LA/TC/TH ???

It does matter!

Bill

"coolcar" > wrote in message
> I am helping a very technophobic friend with his new Compaq. He
> managed to replaced the XP IHome) version with XP Pro but now has no
> sound. It's clear they need the relevant sound driver/s. I have got
> hold of a set of drivers for the Presario 6030 but this is stated to
> be for running Windows 98 up to 2000 and only possibly suitable for
> XP. The driver set is called 'sp8485'.
>
> Incidentally, Compaq's advice was virtually useless - they state that
> they don't provide drivers because these are located in a hidden
> partition from whence they supposedly can be recovered if someone ever
> has the gall to want to reinstall Windows (which is also located in
> this partition).
>
> Compaq don't supply a Windows XP with the machine - this is also
> hidden on the mysterious extra partition. Most peculiar.
>
> Regards, Hubchy

coolcar
August 21st 03, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I decided to investigate the information
my friend gave me so I physically checked the base unit. In fact the
model is NOT a 6030 but is a 3060!.

The full model number is S3060AN and the serial number (if this
assists) is 234960-001.

Regards from Kiwiland, Hubchy

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:21:56 GMT, "Happy Canuck"