PDA

View Full Version : Replacing CD Rom drive on Presario 1247

Mark Borgerson
August 19th 03, 07:28 AM
The CDROM drive on my Presario 1247 laptop seems to have gone
bad. Any attempt to access the drive results in
"E:\ is not accessible. The drive is not ready"

I've checked cables and drivers and drive controller
settings. It seems that the disk never spins up---
at least that I can hear. It does appear in 'My Computer';

I can get the system apart--and back together too ;)
to the point where I can see the connector on the
CD ROM drive. However I cannot get the drive out
of the case. It seems I am missing a screw somewhere.
Does anyone have a instructions for removing this
drive---or a pointer to a site with instructions?

Are there any other checks I might have missed that
might mean the problem is something other than a
hardware failure?

Mark Borgerson