PDA

View Full Version : 802.11b WLAN MultiPort Module...update!

SCW
August 18th 03, 10:07 PM
Well looks like I am out of luck. Compaq is refusing to replace the item
for me so I have to buy it all over again. For some reason nobody at Compaq
knows how I can order this yet it is listed right on their website on
hpshopping.com. I can order it from their website but I have to use a
credit card, I am only 18 and I don't have a credit card so I wanted to send
in a mail payment...they wont do it!

So I do a search on the net for this item, it gets pulled up at
pricegrabber.com and I can't believe what retailers are selling this
for...200 and 300 dollars! This is highway robbery! Christ Compaq sells it
for 99.00 bucks! Are people actually paying 3 times the amount for this
product with other retailers? If they are I feel really sorry for them.

I have seen the item on E-Bay, there are currently two of them but they are
used and I don't know if I feel comfortable with buying used network
equipment.

This is really ****ing me off!

I really want to continue to use my multiport module option so I can keep my
PC Card slot free but I am not paying 300 bucks for an item that retails at
99.99!

This is really giving me one huge headache!

Mike if you are out there can you please help? LMAO BTW, nobody called me
today, again I can't say I am surprised.

Scott

Mike Calkins
August 18th 03, 10:53 PM
You give up to easy...... Wait for the call back from Corporate......

Mike

"SCW" > wrote in message
> Well looks like I am out of luck. Compaq is refusing to replace the item
> for me so I have to buy it all over again. For some reason nobody at
Compaq
> knows how I can order this yet it is listed right on their website on
> hpshopping.com. I can order it from their website but I have to use a
> credit card, I am only 18 and I don't have a credit card so I wanted to
send
> in a mail payment...they wont do it!
>
> So I do a search on the net for this item, it gets pulled up at
> pricegrabber.com and I can't believe what retailers are selling this
> for...200 and 300 dollars! This is highway robbery! Christ Compaq sells
it
> for 99.00 bucks! Are people actually paying 3 times the amount for this
> product with other retailers? If they are I feel really sorry for them.
>
> I have seen the item on E-Bay, there are currently two of them but they
are
> used and I don't know if I feel comfortable with buying used network
> equipment.
>
> This is really ****ing me off!
>
> I really want to continue to use my multiport module option so I can keep
my
> PC Card slot free but I am not paying 300 bucks for an item that retails
at
> 99.99!
>
> This is really giving me one huge headache!
>
> Mike if you are out there can you please help? LMAO BTW, nobody called
me
> today, again I can't say I am surprised.
>
> Scott

JIM HUNTER
August 19th 03, 03:59 AM
Hi Scott, Amazon has these for $105.

Jim

In article >,
says...

>Well looks like I am out of luck. Compaq is refusing to replace the item
>for me so I have to buy it all over again. For some reason nobody at Compaq
>knows how I can order this yet it is listed right on their website on
>hpshopping.com. I can order it from their website but I have to use a
>credit card, I am only 18 and I don't have a credit card so I wanted to send
>in a mail payment...they wont do it!
>
>So I do a search on the net for this item, it gets pulled up at
>pricegrabber.com and I can't believe what retailers are selling this
>for...200 and 300 dollars! This is highway robbery! Christ Compaq sells it
>for 99.00 bucks! Are people actually paying 3 times the amount for this
>product with other retailers? If they are I feel really sorry for them.
>
>I have seen the item on E-Bay, there are currently two of them but they are
>used and I don't know if I feel comfortable with buying used network
>equipment.
>
>This is really ****ing me off!
>
>I really want to continue to use my multiport module option so I can keep my
>PC Card slot free but I am not paying 300 bucks for an item that retails at
>99.99!
>
>This is really giving me one huge headache!
>
>Mike if you are out there can you please help? LMAO BTW, nobody called me
>today, again I can't say I am surprised.
>
>Scott

Kevin M. Agard
August 26th 03, 06:24 AM
$99.00 shipped!
See:
http://www.californiacomputer.com/Shop/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CaliforniaComputer&category%5Fname=&product%5Fid=283836-001&cookie%5Ftest=1

I found it using pricetool.com there are at least 12 other merchants at
115.00 or less.

You just have to do the research.