PDA

View Full Version : Compaq 68 pin ide connector

kelswood
August 18th 03, 04:43 AM
Hi,
can anyone tell me the pinout for this cd-rom connector. I can't
find the info anywhere.
Thanks

Rick
August 18th 03, 07:22 AM
"kelswood" > wrote in message m...
> Hi,
> can anyone tell me the pinout for this cd-rom connector. I can't
> find the info anywhere.
> Thanks

If it's really 68 pins, it's WideSCSI not IDE.

Rick

HH
August 18th 03, 02:29 PM
Ain't no such animal. Gotta be a wide SCSI 2 connector if it has 68 pins.
IDE is 40 pins. Compaq did have a few machines with SCSI CD ROM drives.

HH

"kelswood" > wrote in message
m...
> Hi,
> can anyone tell me the pinout for this cd-rom connector. I can't
> find the info anywhere.
> Thanks

kelswood
August 19th 03, 12:34 AM
Hi,
thanks for the reply. The connector is not like a Wide SCSI. Its
actually on a slim CD from an Armada Laptop and has a Mylar pcb to
take the connections down to a miniature 40 pin connector. If you
search on the web for "compaq 68 pin " there are a few clearance
houses selling this type of cd but they don't respond to my queries.
thanks