PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Power Management

Markstar
August 16th 03, 02:15 PM
Hi,
(useless questions here)
I have a Presario 1500 and when I watch a DVD, everything works fine until I
unplug the AC. After that the playback is messed up, eg. the sound is sloppy
and the picture hangs sometimes.
My guess is that the power management kicks in, thus slowing down the CPU
and everything else. But I can't find any settings where I could change it
(for example under Power Options). I know a Toshiba has driver for the power
management where you can adjust things like CPU speed and diplay brightness,
but how about the Compaq?

Or, is there anything else that could be wrong with it? I tried several
DVDs, so I don't think that would be it.

Thanks in advance
Markus

rpv
August 16th 03, 06:01 PM
check in the bios, some times there is there also some kind of
powermanagement

"Markstar" > schreef in bericht
> Hi,
> (useless questions here)
> I have a Presario 1500 and when I watch a DVD, everything works fine until
> unplug the AC. After that the playback is messed up, eg. the sound is
sloppy
> and the picture hangs sometimes.
> My guess is that the power management kicks in, thus slowing down the CPU
> and everything else. But I can't find any settings where I could change it
> (for example under Power Options). I know a Toshiba has driver for the
power
> management where you can adjust things like CPU speed and diplay
brightness,
> but how about the Compaq?
>
> Or, is there anything else that could be wrong with it? I tried several
> DVDs, so I don't think that would be it.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Markus

Markstar
August 17th 03, 12:22 AM
Well, I did check the BIOS, of course, but there is absolutly nothing about
power management. Also, the problem appears also when playing a normal audio
CD, plus when the battery is recharging.

BTW, the CPU is a PIV 2.0Ghz, so I don't know what you mean with PowerNow
(but where could one get this reg hack???). The Power Scheme is set to
Desktop Computer, but it doesn't work with any setting...

David
August 17th 03, 02:40 AM
Sorry then SpeedStep which again is in the Control Panel except for XP
systems (I assumed it was an AMD processor , sorry) . On the Evo's
SpeedStep is also controlled in the BIOS , I'm not sure about in
Presarios

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 00:22:11 +0100, "Markstar"
> wrote:

>Well, I did check the BIOS, of course, but there is absolutly nothing about
>power management. Also, the problem appears also when playing a normal audio
>CD, plus when the battery is recharging.
>
>BTW, the CPU is a PIV 2.0Ghz, so I don't know what you mean with PowerNow
>(but where could one get this reg hack???). The Power Scheme is set to
>Desktop Computer, but it doesn't work with any setting...

Markstar
August 17th 03, 12:54 PM
Well, there is definitly nothing in the BIOS and yes, at the moment XP is
installed.

Interesting is also that the drive is only in PIO-mode, even though I did
try to get it to DMA.