PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Norton Anti-Virus 2003 on pressario laptops.

David McCoy
August 14th 03, 12:18 PM
Both my father and I are experiencing problems with the system either
locking up during or os files becoming corrupted after installing Nortons
Anti-Virus updates.
So far this year both systems have required me to do full formats and
re-installs of xp.
Just wondering if this is a common problem.
My system is a pressario 711au dual booting xp home and mandrake 9.1 Dads is
a later pressario 1500 ( I think don't have it in front of me) running xp
home

thanks

David

btw if anyone has managed to get acpi working under linux I'd REALLY
appreciate knowing how you did it. :)