PDA

View Full Version : drivers for presario 2200

claude rogers
August 13th 03, 02:54 PM
I know you guys will hate me, but I am installing 98 on a presario 2200 for
my mother-in-law, don't have any original software for this thing, checked
on compaq site couldn't find anything, need video, modem, and sound drivers,
can anyone help......

HH
August 13th 03, 10:53 PM
Not available. It shipped with Win 95 which is the only supported OS. The
model is 7-8 years old.
HH

"claude rogers" > wrote in message
> I know you guys will hate me, but I am installing 98 on a presario 2200
for
> my mother-in-law, don't have any original software for this thing, checked
> on compaq site couldn't find anything, need video, modem, and sound
drivers,
> can anyone help......

claude rogers
August 13th 03, 10:59 PM
Wonderful, guess I'm putting back on 95.....Thanks for the response

the yeti
August 14th 03, 08:34 AM
"claude rogers" > wrote in message >...
> Wonderful, guess I'm putting back on 95.....Thanks for the response

Google for a program called Aida32. Download it and copy the program
to a CD. Install 98 on the Presario and run Aida from the CD. Aida
will tell you all of the componotes inside your computer, the chipset
and OEM. Then check the OEM site for drivers. Also give the 95
drivers a shot in 98. It might work.