PDA

View Full Version : Does Compaq need EDO memory!?

Conny Enström
August 10th 03, 12:52 PM
Does a Compaq work with ordinary SDRAM memory non EDO?
I have a Proliant 3000 server and the spec's says it need special EDO
memorys.

Conny

JonBoy
August 10th 03, 02:55 PM
"Conny Enström" > wrote in
:

> Does a Compaq work with ordinary SDRAM memory non EDO?
> I have a Proliant 3000 server and the spec's says it need
> special EDO memorys.
>
> Conny

EDO and SDRAM are not interchangeable. If you are intending to buy
more memory, suggest you visit Crucial's web site and order the
correct component for your system using their look-up service. You
appear to be in Sweden so I think you need to go here:

http://www.crucial.com/eu/index.asp

Gereon Wenzel
August 11th 03, 09:13 AM
"Conny Enström" schrieb:

> "David" > skrev i meddelandet
> >
> > ECC EDO memory
> >
> > On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 11:52:05 GMT, "Conny Enström"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >Does a Compaq work with ordinary SDRAM memory non EDO?
> > >I have a Proliant 3000 server and the spec's says it need special EDO
> > >memorys.
> > >
> > >Conny
> > >

> So it wont work at all with standard memory's?

Nope,
it won't even fit the memory slots.
Looks like it needs buffered EDO as well?
Check http://partsurfer.hp.com
for the spare part ## fitting your machine.
Kingston sells these much cheaper than Compaq/HP.
http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/showphoto?partnumber=317747-001
http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/showphoto?partnumber=317745-001
http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/showphoto?partnumber=317756-001
http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/showphoto?partnumber=317749-001
http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/showphoto?partnumber=317748-001

You may be lucky at ebay as well,
just because the modules are not usable on other machines.

Got matching 2x 16MB here gathering dust,
not much, but better than none.
Please mail if interested.
Shipping from Germany.

Gereon