PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to remove LCD on Armada 6500

Captain Norm
August 8th 03, 09:22 PM
My LCD just died, out of warranty. I would like to get at the connectors to
see if just a loose connection. If not,buy one from ebay. Does anyone know
how to get inside the cover? Took both rubber plugs out & screws behind
them, still won't budge.

Thanks,

Norm

Btw, email address actually ends in 101.

Conny Enström
August 8th 03, 10:54 PM
"Captain Norm" > skrev i meddelandet
t...
> My LCD just died, out of warranty. I would like to get at the connectors
> see if just a loose connection. If not,buy one from ebay. Does anyone know
> how to get inside the cover? Took both rubber plugs out & screws behind
> them, still won't budge.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Norm
>
> Btw, email address actually ends in 101.

Should be some screws under the keyboard also, be careful....

Captain Norm
August 9th 03, 12:39 AM
Conny,

Thanks,

I lifted the kybd, see the video connector. Removed/re-inserted it, no
change. Do you, or anyone, know how to get at the lcd inside the lid? I
removed 2 screws just above the hinge, don't see any more. Tried a little
prying apart of the clamshell, don't want to break anything, but suspect it
comes apart. Also wondering about the different material on the sides of the
lid. Wondering if they come off to expose more screws.

Norm

"Conny Enström" > wrote in message

> "Captain Norm" > skrev i meddelandet
> t...
> > My LCD just died, out of warranty. I would like to get at the connectors
> > see if just a loose connection. If not,buy one from ebay. Does anyone
know
> > how to get inside the cover? Took both rubber plugs out & screws behind
> > them, still won't budge.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Norm
> >
> > Btw, email address actually ends in 101.
> >

> Should be some screws under the keyboard also, be careful....

rpv
August 9th 03, 10:03 AM
i really don's know, because compaq only replaces compleet lcd screans with
cover and everything. i am not allowed by compaq to open the lcd, sorry.
"Captain Norm" > schreef in bericht
t...