PDA

View Full Version : HELP w/ removing CD drive out of Presario 5000

Jess
August 7th 03, 09:21 PM
HELP!

What kind of a locking system does Compaq use on the Presario 5000
that retains the CD drives. I can't figure out which button to push
in order to release one of the CD rom drives.

Jess

Rick
August 7th 03, 09:35 PM
"Jess" > wrote in message ...
> HELP!
>
> What kind of a locking system does Compaq use on the Presario 5000
> that retains the CD drives. I can't figure out which button to push
> in order to release one of the CD rom drives.

Are you talking about a CD or the drive itself? The drive is released
with tabs on either side of the front bezel -- you'll need to remove the
front plastic panel to access them. Open up the bottom portion
(where the system CD is stored), then you'll see two fingerholes to
pull the top portion out. Do this carefully because there are side tabs
that will easily break if you pull too hard.

If you're talking about a CD, look right above the eject button for a
tiny hole. Get a straightened paper clip and push it hard into this
hole, the tray will pop out.

Rick

Kim And John Holtz
August 7th 03, 09:48 PM
Hi.

I Installed A CDR/DVD last month
This info helped alot.

http://www29.compaq.com/falco/doc_detail.asp?Model=2777&Os=0&SoftwareVer=11502his

You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it.
http://www.adobe.com

Cheers

Kim And John Holtz
August 7th 03, 09:54 PM
Hi.

I Installed A CDR/DVD last month
This info helped alot.

Link Fixed

http://www29.compaq.com/falco/doc_detail.asp?Model=2777&Os=0&SoftwareVer=11502

You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it.
http://www.adobe.com

Cheers

Jess
August 7th 03, 10:12 PM
Talking about the "drive" itself which I thought I had said, not the
disc.

I appreciate your input and will go after it and see.

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:35:49 -0700, "Rick" > wrote:

>"Jess" > wrote in message ...
>> HELP!
>>
>> What kind of a locking system does Compaq use on the Presario 5000
>> that retains the CD drives. I can't figure out which button to push
>> in order to release one of the CD rom drives.
>
>Are you talking about a CD or the drive itself? The drive is released
>with tabs on either side of the front bezel -- you'll need to remove the
>front plastic panel to access them. Open up the bottom portion
>(where the system CD is stored), then you'll see two fingerholes to
>pull the top portion out. Do this carefully because there are side tabs
>that will easily break if you pull too hard.
>
>If you're talking about a CD, look right above the eject button for a
>tiny hole. Get a straightened paper clip and push it hard into this
>hole, the tray will pop out.
>
>Rick

Jess
August 8th 03, 03:38 PM
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:35:49 -0700, "Rick" > wrote:

>"Jess" > wrote in message ...
>> HELP!
>>
>> What kind of a locking system does Compaq use on the Presario 5000
>> that retains the CD drives. I can't figure out which button to push
>> in order to release one of the CD rom drives.
>
>Are you talking about a CD or the drive itself? The drive is released
>with tabs on either side of the front bezel -- you'll need to remove the
>front plastic panel to access them. Open up the bottom portion
>(where the system CD is stored), then you'll see two fingerholes to
>pull the top portion out. Do this carefully because there are side tabs
>that will easily break if you pull too hard.
>
>If you're talking about a CD, look right above the eject button for a
>tiny hole. Get a straightened paper clip and push it hard into this
>hole, the tray will pop out.
>
>Rick

Thanks Rick! That sure is an easy case to deal with.

Jess