PDA

View Full Version : Putting a CD-RW Drive in my COMPAQ EVO

SK
August 7th 03, 02:38 AM
I want to put a CD-RW drive in my EVO. I know the inside of the case is
semi-proprietary and thinking maybe that the BIOS will be picky on what I
put in. So what should I do? Forget about Compaq/HP cust. service. What a
joke. I also don't know what model number my box is either because it
doesn't say anywhere on the case (inside and out). It's a P4 1.5ghz, 392mb
RAM, 20gb HD, NVIDIA Vanta video. It's a black "tower" case with a silver
face towards the bottom.

Thanks for any help

Jack H
August 7th 03, 01:01 PM
SK, this will not help your specific problem, but will tell you many things
about your computer. It is a free download.
Go to belarc. com and and download their Advisor, and install.

.. .