PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting E drive recognized on a Compaq model 5020

Angie
August 6th 03, 12:01 AM
Hi,

When I reformatted the E drive didn't work. It was working great
until I reformatted. It says the E drive isn't ready even when a cd
that is unused or even if there is a used cd in it. It worked
perfectly before I reformatted and I checked for conflicts and stuff
like that. I even went to device manager and remove it so it can
install itself again but that didn't work. Any help would be
appreciated.

the yeti
August 6th 03, 05:31 AM
(Angie) wrote in message >...
> Hi,
>
> When I reformatted the E drive didn't work. It was working great
> until I reformatted. It says the E drive isn't ready even when a cd
> that is unused or even if there is a used cd in it. It worked
> perfectly before I reformatted and I checked for conflicts and stuff
> like that. I even went to device manager and remove it so it can
> install itself again but that didn't work. Any help would be
> appreciated.

Reformatted, or reinstalled the OS. If you formatted the drive first,
what did you use to format. What OS? What device is allegedly e: