PDA

View Full Version : About to install new HD.

Ken Knecht
August 4th 03, 06:00 PM
I plan to install a new Maxtor 80G HD as a second drive in my
Compaq Presario 5000T Tuesday afternoon. I plan to use the Maxtor
install software that came with the drive since my Partition
Magic is long out of date - I hope I can use it to make multiple
partitions.

Anything I should plan ahead for or watch out for?

TIA

Ken

HH
August 4th 03, 06:09 PM
Check the FAQ about jumpering the new drive.
HH

"Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
.202...
> I plan to install a new Maxtor 80G HD as a second drive in my
> Compaq Presario 5000T Tuesday afternoon. I plan to use the Maxtor
> install software that came with the drive since my Partition
> Magic is long out of date - I hope I can use it to make multiple
> partitions.
>
> Anything I should plan ahead for or watch out for?
>
> TIA
>
> Ken

Ken Knecht
August 4th 03, 06:41 PM
I just did. Thanks. Good thing you reminded me.

Ken

"HH" > wrote in
:

> Check the FAQ about jumpering the new drive.
> HH
>
> "Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
> .202...
>> I plan to install a new Maxtor 80G HD as a second drive in
>> my Compaq Presario 5000T Tuesday afternoon. I plan to use
>> the Maxtor install software that came with the drive since
>> my Partition Magic is long out of date - I hope I can use
>> it to make multiple partitions.
>>
>> Anything I should plan ahead for or watch out for?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Ken

Jack H
August 4th 03, 08:27 PM
Call Maxtor at 1-800-262-9867, for exact steps and capabilities.

"Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
.202...
> I plan to install a new Maxtor 80G HD as a second drive in my
> Compaq Presario 5000T Tuesday afternoon. I plan to use the Maxtor
> install software that came with the drive since my Partition
> Magic is long out of date - I hope I can use it to make multiple
> partitions.
>
> Anything I should plan ahead for or watch out for?
>
> TIA
>
> Ken

Ken Knecht
August 5th 03, 06:07 PM
I just checked "maxblast3" with Google and the download site says
it does do partitions, so I should be all set.

BTW, I'm running XP Home. I forgot to mention this in my original
message.

Ken

"Jack H" > wrote in
ink.net: