PDA

View Full Version : Presario 5660 upgrade to W2000?

lwags
August 3rd 03, 09:18 PM
How successful and where did you get the drivers.

Seems like a number of drivers for things like the firewire host controller
and some other real basic things needed that I have not been able to find
before I tried the upgrade.

HH
August 7th 03, 04:09 PM
W2K not supported by Compaq on your 5660 (few Presarios are for W2K). That's
why no drivers from Compaq. XP a much better choice. I know of at least one
user on this board (Tom Scales) who has a 5600 series running XP with no
problems.
HH

"lwags" > wrote in message
> How successful and where did you get the drivers.
>
> Seems like a number of drivers for things like the firewire host
controller
> and some other real basic things needed that I have not been able to find
> before I tried the upgrade.

Mark Jones
August 8th 03, 03:03 AM
I upgraded my 5660 to Windows XP. Only problem was that I could not get USB
and Firewire to work.

Mark