PDA

View Full Version : New HD for Presario Notebook 1200 XL125

R+
August 2nd 03, 12:17 PM
Got a new HD, old one's dead - how do I set it up so that it will accept the
original QuickRestore disk? I can glean most of the progs off the QR disk
but I want MS Works back on etc... Had very little help from Tech Support
(this has been waiting for a year to be done!)

TIA,
Kezzi. . .

Mike Calkins
August 5th 03, 02:19 AM
Which may be free, based upon a lawsuit against CPQ.

Check it out.

Mike

"David B." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> If you have the full restore kit (2 CD's) there is nothing you need to do
for the QR to work, other than boot from Disk 1. If all
> you have is the single, blue disk, and the original drive is inaccessible,
there is nothing you can do to get it to work other than
> calling Compaq for the 2 disk kit.

> "R+" > wrote in message
> > Got a new HD, old one's dead - how do I set it up so that it will accept
the
> > original QuickRestore disk? I can glean most of the progs off the QR
disk
> > but I want MS Works back on etc... Had very little help from Tech
Support
> > (this has been waiting for a year to be done!)
> >
> > TIA,
> > Kezzi. . .

4-N-zics
August 5th 03, 10:21 AM
In news: om,
Mike Calkins > rumoured:
> Which may be free, based upon a lawsuit against CPQ.
> Check it out.
> Mike
>
> "David B." > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> If you have the full restore kit (2 CD's) there is nothing you need
>> to do
> for the QR to work, other than boot from Disk 1. If all
>> you have is the single, blue disk, and the original drive is
>> inaccessible,
> there is nothing you can do to get it to work other than
>> calling Compaq for the 2 disk kit.

>> "R+" > wrote in message
>>> Got a new HD, old one's dead - how do I set it up so that it will
>>> accept the original QuickRestore disk? I can glean most of the
>>> progs off the QR disk but I want MS Works back on etc... Had very
>>> little help from Tech Support (this has been waiting for a year to
>>> be done!)

Cheers all,

I'll do some checking. The machine came with the single blue disk...

Thanks,
Kezzi. . .