PDA

View Full Version : need sound card suggestions. mine is kaput

Chocklitwonder
August 1st 03, 05:04 AM
greetings. i currently have a compaq 7118us that is approximate 3 yrs old.
seems as if my sound card is kaput. went to play an mp3 today and no sound.
tested the speakers on another pc and they work fine. just wondering what is a
good sound card replacement to get. i don't do alot of gaming, i pretty much
just play mp3s and watch a dvd every now and again. thanks in advance.

Rick
August 1st 03, 06:10 AM
"Chocklitwonder" > wrote in message ...
> greetings. i currently have a compaq 7118us that is approximate 3 yrs old.
> seems as if my sound card is kaput. went to play an mp3 today and no sound.
> tested the speakers on another pc and they work fine. just wondering what is a
> good sound card replacement to get. i don't do alot of gaming, i pretty much
> just play mp3s and watch a dvd every now and again. thanks in advance.

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. Great audio quality.

RickW

HH
August 1st 03, 08:49 PM
The Turtle Beach is a fine card for $50. For $19 you can get another
Soundblaster 128 at http://www.mwave.com

HH