PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference between Compaq DLT Tape Drive No. 154872 - 002 & 154871 - 001

JohnH
July 29th 03, 12:30 PM
I'd like to know because they look identical! Any help would be greatly
appreciated!
Many thanks.
John

HH
July 29th 03, 03:40 PM
Might be the spare part number and the other the option part number for the
same drive.
HH

"JohnH" > wrote in message
> I'd like to know because they look identical! Any help would be greatly
> appreciated!
> Many thanks.
> John

Mike Calkins
July 29th 03, 10:06 PM
If you call Compaq and ask, and if the right person is answering, and if
they have access to EDB .................
you'll get the answer, which could have been HH's.

Or you could check the QRG.

Options (#s) contain items (assembly #s) as do spare parts contain items
(assembly #s).

Mike in Houston

"HH" > wrote in message
> Might be the spare part number and the other the option part number for
the
> same drive.
> HH
>
> "JohnH" > wrote in message
> > I'd like to know because they look identical! Any help would be greatly
> > appreciated!
> > Many thanks.
> > John

David
July 31st 03, 08:58 AM
001 is internal 002 is external , basically a case and cabling

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:30:09 +0000 (UTC), "JohnH"
> wrote:

>I'd like to know because they look identical! Any help would be greatly
>appreciated!
>Many thanks.
>John

- Bobb -
August 4th 03, 05:23 PM
"JohnH" > wrote in message
> I'd like to know because they look identical! Any help would be greatly
> appreciated!
> Many thanks.
> John

http://h30121.www3.hp.com/sparesstore/Product_KW.asp?mscssid=RSBF253S7WPA9HN
VDJPRHD7D58JXA9H7
shows that the -002 is Spare part number (just the drive in a box - no
manual,cable etc) and the cost is $2848.
The -001 version is the entire option , = "sales part number" ( $4,158.00)
WITH all the books,software,cables, warranty etc.

bobb

HH
August 4th 03, 06:04 PM
Dang! My guess was right!