PDA

View Full Version : Booting Into SAFE MODE (Help and Support)

Ed Stimach
July 26th 03, 03:14 PM
I'm running Windows ME on my Compaq Presario.

When I boot into SAFE MODE , the Help and Support program
automatically launches.

Is there a way to prevent the Help and Support from launching?

-- Ed --

David B.
July 26th 03, 07:12 PM
Do you need to go into safe mode that much that it's a problem? Oh I forgot, you're running ME. No way that I know of.

"Ed Stimach" > wrote in message ...
> I'm running Windows ME on my Compaq Presario.
>
> When I boot into SAFE MODE , the Help and Support program
> automatically launches.
>
> Is there a way to prevent the Help and Support from launching?
>
> -- Ed --

Ed Stimach
July 26th 03, 09:28 PM
>Do you need to go into safe mode that much that it's a problem?

Not a problem...more of an annoyance.

I have a registry checker that performs better in Safe Mode.

In Win ME, it is better to Defrag in Safe Mode.

I also prefer to run ScanDisk in Safe Mode.

Win ME assumes there is a problem when booting into Safe Mode.

-- Ed --