PDA

View Full Version : Compaq CD Writer and Nero Express

Dave
July 24th 03, 11:39 AM
Anyone using Nero Express with a Compaq Computer?
When I copy Pictures for showing on a DVD using VCD or SVCD the most
pictures I can copy are 96 and the CD shows only 60 Mb of space used.
I've Emailed Ahead software on several occasions - but guess what no
response.
Does anyone know a good software programme that can copy pics for showing on
a DVD that works properly on a Compaq?
I am using Windows XP.
Many thanks.

Dave

Dave
July 26th 03, 12:07 AM
Bob,

I've already downloaded the MPEG-2/SVCD plug in?

Dave

"Bob" > wrote in message
> Do you have the MPEG-2/SVCD plug in?
>
> http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#c1013694802660
>
> Check close to the middle of the page. Nero Express comes with an MPEG-1
> encoder. You may need the MPEG-2 encoder. Perhaps that is your problem.
>
> "Dave" > wrote in message
> > Anyone using Nero Express with a Compaq Computer?
> > When I copy Pictures for showing on a DVD using VCD or SVCD the most
> > pictures I can copy are 96 and the CD shows only 60 Mb of space used.
> > I've Emailed Ahead software on several occasions - but guess what no
> > response.
> > Does anyone know a good software programme that can copy pics for
showing
> on
> > a DVD that works properly on a Compaq?
> > I am using Windows XP.
> > Many thanks.
> >
> > Dave

Dave
July 26th 03, 05:26 PM
Hi both - problem solved with Nero Express as to why it was only showing 99
pics on the DVD. When you select the burn in SVCD mode there is an option to
include a menu and if you use this option it states at the end of the burn
that only the first 99 pics will be included in the menu. I couldn't find
any way to view the other pics even though it appears they had been burned
on the DVD.
However I disabled the menu option when burning and I can now view all the
pics - just burned 330 using only 90 Mbs of space.I don't know if there's a
limit on the number of files I can burn up to the capacity of the CD.

Dave