PDA

View Full Version : 5002US Questions

Tom Scales
July 17th 03, 07:21 PM
Unless the 5002US was built within the last 9 months or so, it is USB1.1.

The symptom of the CD drive has, in my experience, been blank related. For
example, TDK blanks, in my drive at work, are LOUSY, but cheap off-brand
work fine.

What software are you using and what brand of blanks?

Tom
"EZ" > wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Hi:
>
> I'm hoping someone can help me out....
>
> I have a Presario 5002US. Does this have USB2.0 or 1.1?
>
> Also, can anyone recommend a good, cheap CD drive to replace the one
> that comes with the machine? After struggling with tech support for a
> week via phone and e-mail to fix "Please insert a CD with sufficient
> space into the CD Recorder", I'm giving up and buying a drive.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> EZ

EZ
July 20th 03, 06:59 PM
Hi:

I'm hoping someone can help me out....

I have a Presario 5002US. Does this have USB2.0 or 1.1?

Also, can anyone recommend a good, cheap CD drive to replace the one
that comes with the machine? After struggling with tech support for a
week via phone and e-mail to fix "Please insert a CD with sufficient
space into the CD Recorder", I'm giving up and buying a drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EZ

Woodbutcher
July 20th 03, 07:03 PM
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:59:51 GMT, (EZ) wrote:

>Hi:
>
>I'm hoping someone can help me out....
>
>I have a Presario 5002US. Does this have USB2.0 or 1.1?
>
>Also, can anyone recommend a good, cheap CD drive to replace the one
>that comes with the machine? After struggling with tech support for a
>week via phone and e-mail to fix "Please insert a CD with sufficient
>space into the CD Recorder", I'm giving up and buying a drive.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>EZ

I don't know about the USB,but regarding the CD go to
www.pricewatch.com prices posted include shipping

HH
July 20th 03, 08:26 PM
USB 1.1. For a good CD-RW drive, try:
http://www.mwave.com

HH

"EZ" > wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Hi:
>
> I'm hoping someone can help me out....
>
> I have a Presario 5002US. Does this have USB2.0 or 1.1?
>
> Also, can anyone recommend a good, cheap CD drive to replace the one
> that comes with the machine? After struggling with tech support for a
> week via phone and e-mail to fix "Please insert a CD with sufficient
> space into the CD Recorder", I'm giving up and buying a drive.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> EZ

doS
July 20th 03, 09:28 PM
1.1

"EZ" > wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Hi:
>
> I'm hoping someone can help me out....
>
> I have a Presario 5002US. Does this have USB2.0 or 1.1?
>
> Also, can anyone recommend a good, cheap CD drive to replace the one
> that comes with the machine? After struggling with tech support for a
> week via phone and e-mail to fix "Please insert a CD with sufficient
> space into the CD Recorder", I'm giving up and buying a drive.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> EZ

EZ
July 21st 03, 03:27 AM
Thanks to all for the help so far...

I'm using the sw that came with the machine (Adaptec EZ CD Creator).
I've also used a bunch of different types of blanks like TDKs, Sony
Memorex, and Maxells. This is the reason I think it's time for a
drive

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:21:40 -0400, "Tom Scales"