PDA

View Full Version : Compaq 5000 Series No Video

Woodbutcher
July 20th 03, 06:36 AM
I can't figure out what happened. I turned the thing off ,moved it to
the other side of the room and now there's no video.I hooked up the
monitor to my lap top and it works fine. When you turn on the monitor
if it's not hooked up to the machine I get a message Check video
cables. Then when I hook it up to the PC the screen comes up
blank.There are no add on cards in the tower so I believe the on board
video took a dump. I can't get into the bios cause I have no picture.
Any ideas or tips would be deeply appreciated

David B.
July 20th 03, 08:49 PM
Reseat the processor, ram , and video card.

"Woodbutcher" > wrote in message ...
> I can't figure out what happened. I turned the thing off ,moved it to
> the other side of the room and now there's no video.I hooked up the
> monitor to my lap top and it works fine. When you turn on the monitor
> if it's not hooked up to the machine I get a message Check video
> cables. Then when I hook it up to the PC the screen comes up
> blank.There are no add on cards in the tower so I believe the on board
> video took a dump. I can't get into the bios cause I have no picture.
> Any ideas or tips would be deeply appreciated

Woodbutcher
July 22nd 03, 08:50 AM
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 05:36:26 GMT, Woodbutcher
> wrote:

>I can't figure out what happened. I turned the thing off ,moved it to
>the other side of the room and now there's no video.I hooked up the
>monitor to my lap top and it works fine. When you turn on the monitor
>if it's not hooked up to the machine I get a message Check video
>cables. Then when I hook it up to the PC the screen comes up
>blank.There are no add on cards in the tower so I believe the on board
>video took a dump. I can't get into the bios cause I have no picture.
>Any ideas or tips would be deeply appreciated

Well I fixed it. Tried the reseating but didn't make any difference.
Did notice that the CPU core was blue like steel that's lost it's
temper so swapped it out with a Celeron 633 from a dead
emachine,sucker booted right up. I shut it down and rebooted 3 times
then defraged and left it running for 24 hours to see if it would stay
up.