PDA

View Full Version : Re: Quick Restore Disks

doS
July 19th 03, 11:00 PM
Insert disc 1 and reboot...

"Ringo" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I have Compaq Presario Series 5000, Model 5006H made especially for the
> Shopping Network. I bought it in January, 2001. I have two quick restore
> disks for it that I haven't used in a long time. I forgot how to start
the
> boot from the restore disks as it does not do it automatically. It seems
as
> I recall you have to push one or more keyboard buttons to get the process
> start. Anyone have any advice?
>
> Many thanks!

David B.
July 20th 03, 08:52 PM
If you have disk 1 in the drive and it doesn't boot from it, go into BIOS and set the boot order so the CD drive is before the hard
drive, use F10 to enter BIOS setup.