PDA

View Full Version : Compaq tablet is a DOG

Tom Scales
July 16th 03, 07:37 PM
I just started a new job and my new laptop is the Compaq tablet. I like the
idea of the tablet, but this machine is horrible. The concept and ergonomics
are excellent, but what idiot picked the Transmeta Crusoe processor? It is
so slow you can watch the menus open in slow motion. Oh, and a 10" screen?
Give me a break. Microsoft Outlook takes like 3 minutes to load. Don't
even talk about a page down.

My Tosbiba tablet to replace it should be here mid-week. A real P3-1.33. 12
inch screen. Integrated card readers for CF, SD and PCCard. Wireless. A
little heavier, but should be MUCH better.

Tom

Tom Scales
July 27th 03, 12:30 AM
Changed my mind. Decided against a tablet. Went with an IBM X31 subnotebook.
1.4G Centrino. 802.11a and b and Bluetooth and 10/100/1000 integrated.
Pretty slick.

Tom