PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Compaq Presario 7360

stingray
July 16th 03, 06:13 PM
My nephew upgraded his PC(this computer) to a faster one. He took the HD
with him. So what is left is the case, MB, CPU.

I installed HD(with OS), HD2, CD, SDRAM(168pin) and a NIC.

All the parts have worked in other systems.

PROBLEM: I see the COMPAQ logo and it goes through the mem count upto
40-50(mem is a 128) and then I get a screen that looks like a 100 cursers
blinking.

Anyone have a clue????

--
If you want to reply to me personally, remove 'ANTISPAM' from the address.

the yeti
July 17th 03, 06:02 AM
"stingray" > wrote in message >...
> My nephew upgraded his PC(this computer) to a faster one. He took the HD
> with him. So what is left is the case, MB, CPU.
>
> I installed HD(with OS), HD2, CD, SDRAM(168pin) and a NIC.
>
> All the parts have worked in other systems.
>
> PROBLEM: I see the COMPAQ logo and it goes through the mem count upto
> 40-50(mem is a 128) and then I get a screen that looks like a 100 cursers
> blinking.
>
> Anyone have a clue????

Try to boot from a Win9x floppy. (www.bootdisk.com) make sure the HD
is dectected and working. You most likely need to reinstall the OS.
You cant take a HD with a OS from one machine to another unless the
machines are exactly the same.