PDA

View Full Version : Fan of Compaq nx9005 DG832 always on

Roger Müller
July 13th 03, 09:47 PM
Hi all!

My brand-new Compaq nx9005 DG832 (the AMD 2000+ w/256mb &
DVD-CDRW-combo) is a real nice machine besides a huge, huge BUT: the fan
(the outgoing one on the side of the machine) is always on, when I start
the machine it starts as well and it keeps going on and on (ok,
occasionally it stops, but whenever I hit a key on the keyboard it
starts running again). I am used to fans running a couple of secs or
minutes at startup time or when a notebook is under heavy load, but this
one really starts to get annoying. Has anyone experiences similar
behaviour or is mine (the fan) simply faulty?

Thx and cheers,
Roger

doS
July 13th 03, 11:28 PM
It comes from triple posting the same post..

"Roger Müller" > wrote in message
> Hi all!
>
> My brand-new Compaq nx9005 DG832 (the AMD 2000+ w/256mb &
> DVD-CDRW-combo) is a real nice machine besides a huge, huge BUT: the fan
> (the outgoing one on the side of the machine) is always on, when I start
> the machine it starts as well and it keeps going on and on (ok,
> occasionally it stops, but whenever I hit a key on the keyboard it
> starts running again). I am used to fans running a couple of secs or
> minutes at startup time or when a notebook is under heavy load, but this
> one really starts to get annoying. Has anyone experiences similar
> behaviour or is mine (the fan) simply faulty?
>
> Thx and cheers,
> Roger

doS
July 15th 03, 03:18 AM