PDA

View Full Version : Quick restore software

Tomparris6
July 12th 03, 10:32 PM
my computer has recently crashed and I lost most of the software on my C Drive.
I tried to restore the details using the Recovery CD that was supplied with the
compaq 5-250 computer but I understand from the PC World helpline that the
software that is needed to run the CD rom is on the C Drive.

Would anyone know (a) where I could find these (I have some files left and I
just wanted to check to make sure the were there or (b) where I could purchase
this software from.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

Dan Sgambelluri
July 12th 03, 11:00 PM
From the Compaq FAQ

Q) How do I get QuickRestore Discs for my Presario?
A) In the U.S., call 800-841-2761. Have your model number or serial number
(it's usually on a white barcode sticker on the back or side of the PC).The
cost is $10 for the discs.
Outside the U.S., contact Compaq support in your region for more info.

"Tomparris6" > wrote in message
> my computer has recently crashed and I lost most of the software on my C
Drive.
> I tried to restore the details using the Recovery CD that was supplied
with the
> compaq 5-250 computer but I understand from the PC World helpline that the
> software that is needed to run the CD rom is on the C Drive.
>
> Would anyone know (a) where I could find these (I have some files left and
> just wanted to check to make sure the were there or (b) where I could
purchase
> this software from.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Tom

HH
July 12th 03, 11:35 PM
The Recovery CD, like most recent QuickRestore CDs is bootable. Just boot
with the CD in the drive and follow the prompts.

HH