PDA

View Full Version : Re: Presario Desktop - 5BWN21

Rick
July 10th 03, 12:51 AM
Oh and before anyone asks.. yes I have called HPQ support,
they weren't sure about any of these questions.

"Rick" > wrote in message ...
> Anyone tried to upgrade one of these puppies to 133MHz
> CPU and memory? Will it work?
>
> The system has an Intel 810E chipset and jumpers to select
> between 66/100/133 CPU Frequency, but no jumper posts
> are installed in those locations. Does that mean the system
> will (or should) autodetect 133MHz FSB?
>
> The fastest CPU upgrade offered by HPQ is an 800MHz P3.
> Will it take anything faster (e.g. a 1.4-S P3)?
>
> Also, does anyone know what the max multiplier is in the
> last system bios for this board? I know the multiplier is
> locked on the chip, but I'd prefer to get an accurate display
> during POST.
>
> Thanks,
> Rick

Rick
July 10th 03, 03:30 AM
Thanks, I'm probably going to scrap the idea, as I found out
today the 810E is limited to 100MHz SDRAM speed. My
older BX system will be faster even with a slightly slower
CPU.

Rick