PDA

View Full Version : bypass compaq splash - How??

coffee man
July 7th 03, 10:57 AM
can anybody tell me how to bypass the compaq splash at post??
i have a machine here for service that some bright spark built up
using a compaq mobo [supplied the customer with no drivers]...i have
no idea what compaq model it is from...there are no options to disable
onboard sound or video in bios...and no indication whatsoever of what
model/make the video or sound card is..the only clue i have is at the
top of the award bios setup screen:
ROM PCI/ISA BIOS [2A69kF0E]
i was hoping if i could see the full text of the video init and post i
could get some numbers to begin searching for drivers...the board runs
with a p111 550 mhz slot 1....cant see any id srtrings on the board
anywhere...
thanks in advance for any help

BRG
July 7th 03, 11:26 PM
(coffee man) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> can anybody tell me how to bypass the compaq splash at post??
> i have a machine here for service that some bright spark built
> up using a compaq mobo [supplied the customer with no
> drivers]...i have no idea what compaq model it is from...there
> are no options to disable onboard sound or video in bios...and
> no indication whatsoever of what model/make the video or sound
> card is..the only clue i have is at the top of the award bios
> setup screen: ROM PCI/ISA BIOS [2A69kF0E]
> i was hoping if i could see the full text of the video init and
> post i could get some numbers to begin searching for
> drivers...the board runs with a p111 550 mhz slot 1....cant see
> any id srtrings on the board anywhere...
> thanks in advance for any help

Can you run Windows? If so, try using AIDA32 to explore the
hardware. [You can usually install Windows 98SE for example without
any system-specific drivers - you get a VGA screen and no sound
etc, but its enough to get you started]

Can you find the serial number of the donor Compaq system from the
BIOS setup data? [Press F10 during start-up]
Then visit http://wwss1pro.compaq.com/support/parts/hwlookup.asp to
find the system spec.

--
BRG